Artificial ceramic hips improving Flexibility and Durability
Lifestyle in the young and active is very different from the geriatric population . In the young, active life flexibility and durability are the main demands whether for sports, recreation or managing daily chores of life. These activities demand much higher degrees of pressure to the joints. Modern Total Hip Arthoplasty is now able to address this very demand for a high range of movement with high stability via the Large Head ceramic Hips
Arthritis is one of the leading and severely debilitating disease conditions that exist in India today. Currently there are 5 million arthritis suffers in our country. The ironical state is that the younger arthritic population is vertically on the increase. The reasons can be rheumatoid arthritis, AVN (damaged blood supply to hip), osteoarthritis, pre-existing trauma or recent hip fractures. The life of an arthritis sufferer comes to a painful standstill. Normal household and social activities become a burden.
When medication, physical therapy and other conservative methods of treatment no longer relieve pain, Total Hip Replacement is recommended by surgeons.Joint Replacement has to a great degree helped to manage this disease- restoring the joys of motion to many of these sufferers. They are now able to lead a normal pain-free life.
However today for the modern patient just a normal restoration of basic activities is not enough. Why not get back to playing active sports? Or go for a morning jog? Or sit on the floor and play with the children or do puja or namaz? And especially walking up and down several kilometers just for daily living in the hills.What this mean there is a demand of a high range of movement along with high stability and ability to withstand joint stress in the smaller Indian anatomies.
Now the latest innovation in technology in Total Hip Replacement addresses these very demands of the modern Indian patient- The large head ceramic on ceramic/ highly cross linked poly cup technology leading to higher range of motion and greater stability with longevity.
The Delta ceramic technology offers least wear- meaning longer lasting and avoiding debris that can be harmful to the body. Lots of concerns over metal ions having carcinogenic properties, not suitable for young pregnant women, metal ions causing allergies etc have come up worldwide in recent times- ceramics don’t have this issue.
The material used is “Delta” ceramic which is the new generation advanced ceramic technology and is upto 30 times as hard as the previous ones, overcoming concerns of cracking or fracture or breakage of the ceramic.
These high tech hips done today are Minimally Invasive through just 3 to 4 inches skin cuts, so minimal pain and a very fast rehabilitation.
The demand today is for an implant that could last a life time to avoid revision surgery- a well implanted ceramic hip done minimally invasive with a FIFO (fast in fast Out) Technique could potentially deliver that without compromising on range of motion and stability. It is indeed the Hip for the Lifetime!
Minimally Invasive Ceramic Hip Replacement
- Higher range of motion and greater stability- ideally suited for the Indian patient with demands like sitting cross legged- puja and namaz using the Indian toilet.
- Much Lower wear than metal on metal or poly components- meaning longer lasting and avoiding debris that can be harmful to the body.
- The material used is “Delta” ceramic which is the new generation advanced ceramic technology and is upto 30 times as hard as the previous ones, overcoming concerns of cracking or fracture or breakage of the ceramic
- The demand today is for an implant that could last a life time to avoid revision surgery without compromising on range of motion and stability.
- People in good health, live very active lives and expect to live well into their eighties. Clearly these are “high demand” patients who deserve a high quality hip replacement that will serve them well for the rest of their lives. These arthritic patients stand to benefit from the ceramic hip prosthesis.
- Can be used in primary OA, RA and AVN cases. Also in revision scenarios where the acetabulum is in good condition.
- This surgery can be done minimally invasive – very small skin cuts and allowing walking in 3 hours using patented FIFO technology