Personalised Solution Instrumentation (PSI)
Tailor-made JIGS for each patient:
PSI Total knee replacement surgery brings a new level of personalised solution to your patient. It is based on the proven philosophy of mechanical alignment, with the customised instrumentation and computer software system designed to aid in knee implant positioning and procedure efficiency. Procedures require less instrumentation and eliminate up to nine surgical steps compared to total knee replacement performed without PSI solutions.
PSI solution is the system to utilise CT scans and computer software to guide the development and production of femoral and tibial cutting blocked that are individually prepared to match the actual bone surface of each patient. The instruments are individually shaped to fit bone and provide key surgical cuts based on the patients mechanical alignment.
The use of CT scans, or MRIs, result in improved bone imaging
A patient wanting a knee replacement can now get the bone surface shaved in such a way, that the new (the implant), fits exactly to the bone. With the help of patient- specific cutting blocks, a patient’s joint bone is cut so it is exactly the inside shape of the implant knee and the implant fits like building blocks. With the help of the MRI, a three dimensional image of the joint is transfer to a computer software which marks the bone image at place where it needs to be cut. A block is then made, which when fitted at the joint during surgery, saves all measurements and the bone can be directly sawed through the gap in the block.
- Reduced surgical steps
- Fewer standard instruments needed
- Fewer instrument cases to resterlise
- Facilitates faster OR turnover
- Elimination of surgical steps from the surgical workflow
- Based on patient mechanical alignment
- 3D plan of the whole leg structure
- Facilitates proper implant placement and alignment, a key factor in reducing polyethylene wear in total knee replacement
- Determination of distal femoral and proximal tibial resection levels, varus / valgus alignment, femoral rotation and tibial slope
- Use of patient specific instruments provides a tailor-made solution for each patient resulting in perfectly aligned knee implant
- Personalised solution based on a patient’s unique anatomy